Rehabilitation work on the Dog Head Fire Burn
- Site visits by NRCS staff, Kelly Smith and Cody Stropki have
- Staff has secured funding through the Emergency Watershed
Protection Program (EWP) application to NRCS for post fire rehabilitation in the amount of $270,952.50.
- Edgewood SWCD is responsible for a 25% match of
- Edgewood SWCD has been awarded State Disaster Assistance
Funding for HESCO Baskets which will be used to secure the Bridge in Chilili in the amount of $43,926.
- The Pueblo of Isleta and the Chilili Land Grant, along with
the Army Corps of Engineers and HESCO Rep will install.
- 75 tons of sand will be donated by Vulcan Materials Company
of Albuquerque for this.
- Private funding has been received by ESWCD for assistance in
the amount of $7,000
- Edgewood SWCD has applied to the State Board of Finance for
Emergency Funds in the amount of $150,000 for this restoration work.
- Edgewood Dog Head Fire Restoration Cost-Share Applications
have been distributed for area residents who do not qualify for EWP Funding. This is local funding provided by the Edgewood SWCD, with a maximum reimbursement of $4500 per landowner within the
- Staff is a part of the Dog Head Fire Rehab Coordinated
Group. Two meetings rehabilitation meetings and 1 hydrology meeting has been held. Kim Kostelnik is the Group Coordinator representing Edgewood SWCD.
- The Coordinated Rehabilitation Group members include: the
offices of Senator Tom Udall, Senator Martin Heinrich, Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham, and Senator Ted Barela, Chilili Land Grant, US Forest Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, NM State
Forestry, USGS, USACE, Torrance County, Bernalillo County, USDA- Natural Resources Conservation Service, USDA Burn Area Emergency Recovery (BAER) Team, SAKAK Consulting, SWCA Environmental
Consultants, Claunch-Pinto SWCD, and East Torrance SWCD
- Edgewood SWCD has purchased two weather stations for
installation in Chilili, which will be coordinated with Bernalillo and Torrance County Emergency Office Coordinators (EOC) for flood alarm alerts. SWCA is coordinating and installing these