Eligible Applicants: Any person addressing a natural resource problem who owns land within the Edgewood Soil & Water Conservation District boundaries is eligible.
Projects within city limits are not eligible.
All applicants must provide a copy of
their current county tax bill.
Categories for applications:
WATER HARVESTING PROJECTS ON NEW CONSTRUCTION OR WHERE MANDATED BY THE COUNTY WILL NOT BE APPROVED.
Eligible Practices Include: Brush Management, Critical Area Planting, Cross Fencing, Diversion, Water Harvesting, Windbreaks, Windbreak Drip Irrigation Systems, Forest Stand Improvement, Irrigation Pipeline, Low Energy Precision Application (LEPA) Conversion, Livestock Pipeline. (Others practices may be eligible)
Payments will be made on the following basis:
The Mountainair and Sandia Ranger Districts has implemented stage 2 fire restriction.
Record warm temperatures and exceptionally dry fuel moisture levels are expected to increase the fire danger level significantly. These condition are expected to continue over the next week or so.
Because of the increased fire danger, and to protect public health and safety, Stage II fire restrictions are implemented.
Under Stage II fire restrictions, the following are prohibited:
• Building or maintaining a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove
• Explosives, fireworks, or any pyrotechnic device
• Smoking, except in a vehicle or building or an area that has no vegetation such as a parking lot
• Chainsaws or other equipment powered by a combustion engine (prohibited from 10 AM - 6 PM)
• Welding or operating a torch with an open flame
• Using a motor vehicle off of National Forest System roads, except in developed campgrounds and trailheads and areas within 10 feet of the roadway where there is no vegetation
• Discharging firearms
The restriction orders will remain in effect until December 31, 2017, or until rescinded. Violations of these orders are punishable by a fine of $5,000 for individuals, $10,000 for organizations, and/or 6 months of imprisonment.
July 6, 2017
August 3, 2017
September 7, 2017